Saturday, June 8, 2013

Then & Now Project

Today I wanted to continue working on a project that I started last year and kind of deserted for awhile. The project is about merging photos together taken in the same exact spot, but many years apart. I call it the "Then & Now Project.". I found a lot of photos and ideas on www.atlantatimemachine.com which is a really cool site with hundreds of photos from Atlanta's past. 

Here's a few of my final pieces:


Flatiron Building: the oldest standing skyscraper in Atlanta. Original photo from circa 1897




Downtown Connector. Before the highway was built, it was just a ton of dirt, which was dug through to make way for I-75/85



Life of Georgia Building. Original photo dates to the construction in 1966.





You can view more on my website at http://www.kylehessphotography.com/#!then--now/c6i9






After I finished taking the "Now" photos, I went over to the Varsity to try it for the first time. It's an Atlanta Landmark but I can't quite understand the hype after eating there since it tastes like basic concession stand food. I took a couple photos afterwards to add more to my city photography page on my website:


10 seconds f/18 ISO 100
Nikon D3s
Sigma 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye



2.5 seconds f/11 ISO 100
Nikon D3s
Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8




No comments:

Post a Comment